2023 Crystal Creech Shepherd Memorial Scholarship
The Cultivating Resources and Opportunities Community Foundation and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated® Chi Rho Omega Chapter announce the 2023 Crystal Creech Shepherd Memorial Scholarship opening. The scholarship is open to high school female seniors planning to study full-time at an accredited four-year institution in Fall 2023 and who meet and/or submit the following supporting materials.
- Applicant must be a graduating female high school senior enrolling in a four-year College/University beginning Fall 2023.
- Have maintained an unweighted (GPA) grade point average of 2.5.
- Attend one of the below high schools OR live in Knightdale, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Wendell or Zebulon AND attend a Wake County charter, magnet or private school
- East Wake High School
- Heritage High School
- Knightdale High School
- Rolesville High School
- Wake Forest High School
- Submit verification of Fall 2023 full-time
The following must be submitted for a complete application packet:
- Online Application
- Personal Information
- Academic Information
- Leadership and Extra-Curricular Interest
- Community Service Activities
- Awards and Recognitions
- Essay (Typed, double-spaced and Times New Roman 12 Font)
- Certification and Release of Information
- Official High School Transcript(s) as of January 2023, showing credit for each course grade and date of completion. Note: Must have official school SEAL (Submitted Separately if cannot upload)
- Two Letters of Recommendation speaking to accomplishments in the following areas: Academic Achievement, Community Service, Leadership, and Extracurricular Activities (Submitted Separately)
- Recommendations should be from a teacher, counselor, principal, or community/religious leader
- Recommendations should be on letterhead, signed, dated, and mailed to:
c/o Scholarship Committee
PO Box 434
Knightdale, NC 27545
All application materials must be uploaded, or mail postmarked by April 16, 2023, 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time). Late and/or incomplete applications will not be considered. Finalist interviews will be held in May and last approximately 15 minutes. Scholarship recipients will be notified in May 2023. If selected, the recipient or a representative agrees to be present (either virtually or in-person) at the CRO Scholarship Award Ceremony.
If you have questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or refer to: chirhoomega-aka.com for more information.